Suspect arrested for numerous Kalamazoo burglaries | News
KALAMAZOO, Mich. - After a string of Kalamazoo gas station burglaries throughout the month of October, a suspect is finally in custody.
Last Monday, November 5th, at 11:47 pm, Kalamazoo Public Safety Officers were dispatched to the Family Dollar store at 1710 S. Westnedge on a burglary alarm. Upon arrival, officers found the business had been broken into, but the suspect had fled the scene.
A short time later, the suspect, Robert Lee Smith, age 45 of Kalamazoo, was apprehended by Public Safety Officers Marc Rifenberg, Greg Magnan, and Sgt. Anthony Morgan.
Upon being interviewed by detectives, Smith confessed to five additional business burglaries. The additional burglaries that Smith will be charged with include: The Cork Shell Station, The S. Westnedge Shell Station, the Park St. Market, Paul's Pantry and The Tobacco Store.
Anyone with information about these incidents is encouraged to contact Kalamazoo Public Safety at 337-8994, Silent Observer at 343-2100 or kalamazoosilentobserver.com.
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Spectrum Integrated Care Campus welcomes first patients
- The pros and cons of six kinds of milk
- My Town: Cornerstone University 'Night of Nets' founder up for $10k charity prize
- Spectrum opens Integrated Care Campus on East Beltline
- My Town: Restaurant Week GR to include specials from 66 restaurants