Suspect arrested for numerous Kalamazoo burglaries | News
KALAMAZOO, Mich. - After a string of Kalamazoo gas station burglaries throughout the month of October, a suspect is finally in custody.
Last Monday, November 5th, at 11:47 pm, Kalamazoo Public Safety Officers were dispatched to the Family Dollar store at 1710 S. Westnedge on a burglary alarm. Upon arrival, officers found the business had been broken into, but the suspect had fled the scene.
A short time later, the suspect, Robert Lee Smith, age 45 of Kalamazoo, was apprehended by Public Safety Officers Marc Rifenberg, Greg Magnan, and Sgt. Anthony Morgan.
Upon being interviewed by detectives, Smith confessed to five additional business burglaries. The additional burglaries that Smith will be charged with include: The Cork Shell Station, The S. Westnedge Shell Station, the Park St. Market, Paul's Pantry and The Tobacco Store.
Anyone with information about these incidents is encouraged to contact Kalamazoo Public Safety at 337-8994, Silent Observer at 343-2100 or kalamazoosilentobserver.com.
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Ada/Cascade: Evangelical leaders discuss immigration reform
- My Town: New business brings vegan handbags, fashion benefits to Grand Rapids area
- My Town Cascade: Academy of Music in Grand Rapids celebrates new space
- My Town Kentwood: TSA expands prescreening option at Ford Airport
- Ada woman charged in fatal crash accepts plea