Air Zoo and Third Coast Aviation partner to offer new experiences | News
The Air Zoo and Third Coast Aviation have joined forces to offer a variety of new visitor experiences, including a Full-Motion Advanced Flight Trainer, flights in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk and private pilot ground school.
The Full-Motion Advanced Flight Trainer is a professional training simulator that features wrap-around visuals, a fully enclosed cockpit, quick-change configurations and scenario-based training compatibility. Its software introduces real-world situations that pilots face every day, such as heavy winds, storm activity and rerouting due to landing strip availability. Guests may choose from a 15-minute flight simulation for $25 or a 30-minute flight simulation for $39, both of which may count towards a pilot’s log.
Third Coast Aviation is also offering flights in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. The Skyhawk is the most successful mass-produced aircraft in the history of aviation. In 1964, the U.S. Air Force began using the Cessna T-41 Mescalero (a military version of the Cessna 172 Skyhawk) to train pilots. Since then, the U.S. Army as well as other countries' armed forces have continued using it. Visitors may choose from the following flight packages*:
- A 15-minute flight experience, which is perfect for those who want to go on a flying adventure. It costs $35 per person, with a two-person minimum. A third passenger may fly for $25.
- A 30-minute flight experience for those who dream of becoming a pilot. During the flight, you’ll have the chance to take the controls of the plane while in the air. Afterwards, you’ll receive a pilot’s flight log that can be used towards a private pilot rating. This experience costs $94 for the first passenger and $25 for each additional passenger.
For those who are interested in becoming a pilot, whether for a career in aviation or just for fun, Third Coast Aviation is offering private pilot ground school. The ground course will cover the fundamentals of aerodynamics, aircraft systems, federal aviation regulations and more. At the conclusion of the course, students will be ready to take the FAA written exam, which is required to obtain a pilot license. The private pilot ground school costs $399. Instrument and commercial pilot courses are also available for $499 and $699, respectively.
The Full-Motion Advanced Flight Trainer, Skyhawk flights and ground school are all available at the Air Zoo’s East Campus. For more information or to book one of these experiences, call the Air Zoo at 269.382.6555.
*Weight restrictions may apply.
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- West Michigan marathoners leave for Boston
- My Town Ada: Construction company targeted in real estate rental scam
- My Town: Ada Farmers Market prepares for a new extended season
- My Town Cascade Township: Deputy shares tips for fraud protection during free workshop
- Local runners looking forward to Boston Marathon
- Kentwood man dies after Kent Co. crash
- My Town Kentwood: New took means no waiting at local Secretary of State office
- My Town Kentwood: Student readers eager to join 100 Point Club
- My Town Kentwood: EmploymentGroup Launches next round of 5 in 5 Scholarships
- Wyoming Parks & Recreation Spring/Summer Services now available