Some Chicago Amtrak trains canceled Monday | News
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) -- Amtrak says there will be some train cancellations and delays for three days starting Monday on the routes from Chicago to Port Huron and Pontiac.
Amtrak says the service interruptions are necessary to allow track work. It says normal travel times should return by early May.
The passenger rail service says certain trains will be cancelled Monday through Wednesday, while slowdowns of up to 90 minutes will continue until the work is done.
During those three days, Amtrak will transfer passengers to buses for the Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and Jackson stops.
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Ada/Cascade: Evangelical leaders discuss immigration reform
- My Town: New business brings vegan handbags, fashion benefits to Grand Rapids area
- My Town Cascade: Academy of Music in Grand Rapids celebrates new space
- My Town Kentwood: TSA expands prescreening option at Ford Airport
- Ada woman charged in fatal crash accepts plea