FBI joins investigaton of a missing Kzoo doctor | News
KALAMAZOO (WZZM) - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now looking into the disappearance of an West Michigan doctor.
Teleka Patrick was last seen Thursday, December 5th in Kalamazoo. Her disappearance is quickly gaining national attention.
Investigators say around 7:00p.m. on December 5th, Patrick was seen trying to rent a room at the Radisson in Kalamazoo but was not able to. She then took a shuttle back to the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center. That is where she is doing her first year of residency.
Around 10:30p.m., police found her car, a light-gold 1997 Lexus ES 300, abandoned off the roadway in a ditch off I-94 in Porter, Indiana.
Police say the car may have had a flat tire. Investigators with dogs tracked her scent and footsteps from the car about 30 feet to the highway.
Patrick's wallet, driver's license, credit cards, a small amount of cash and some clothes were found in the car.
Teleka Patrick is approximately 5'7" and weights about 160 pounds. At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a black full-zipper hoodie, black pants and black shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate or in Kalamazoo, you can call the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office at 269-383-8748 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- West Michigan marathoners leave for Boston
- My Town Ada: Construction company targeted in real estate rental scam
- My Town: Ada Farmers Market prepares for a new extended season
- My Town Cascade Township: Deputy shares tips for fraud protection during free workshop
- Local runners looking forward to Boston Marathon
- Kentwood man dies after Kent Co. crash
- My Town Kentwood: New took means no waiting at local Secretary of State office
- My Town Kentwood: Student readers eager to join 100 Point Club
- My Town Kentwood: EmploymentGroup Launches next round of 5 in 5 Scholarships
- Wyoming Parks & Recreation Spring/Summer Services now available