Kalamazoo getting new baseball team | News
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP/WZZM) - A new baseball team is scheduled to start playing next summer in Kalamazoo and a contest is taking place to find a name for the club.
The team calling Homer Stryker Field home will be a member of the Northwoods League, a summer league made up of teams of top college players from North America.
Submissions will be accepted on the team's website until Sept. 30. Five finalists will be put to an online vote to determine the winner.
The grand prize winner will get season tickets for life along with a jersey and hat, and the honor of throwing out the first pitch at the home opener. Other prizes are being offered as part of the contest.
Click here to submit a team name idea - http://kzoobaseball.com/submit-name
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Spectrum Integrated Care Campus welcomes first patients
- The pros and cons of six kinds of milk
- My Town: Cornerstone University 'Night of Nets' founder up for $10k charity prize
- Spectrum opens Integrated Care Campus on East Beltline
- My Town: Restaurant Week GR to include specials from 66 restaurants