Kalamazoo getting new baseball team | News
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP/WZZM) - A new baseball team is scheduled to start playing next summer in Kalamazoo and a contest is taking place to find a name for the club.
The team calling Homer Stryker Field home will be a member of the Northwoods League, a summer league made up of teams of top college players from North America.
Submissions will be accepted on the team's website until Sept. 30. Five finalists will be put to an online vote to determine the winner.
The grand prize winner will get season tickets for life along with a jersey and hat, and the honor of throwing out the first pitch at the home opener. Other prizes are being offered as part of the contest.
Click here to submit a team name idea - http://kzoobaseball.com/submit-name
Upcoming Events near Kalamazoo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- West Michigan marathoners leave for Boston
- My Town Ada: Construction company targeted in real estate rental scam
- My Town: Ada Farmers Market prepares for a new extended season
- My Town Cascade Township: Deputy shares tips for fraud protection during free workshop
- Local runners looking forward to Boston Marathon
- Kentwood man dies after Kent Co. crash
- My Town Kentwood: New took means no waiting at local Secretary of State office
- My Town Kentwood: Student readers eager to join 100 Point Club
- My Town Kentwood: EmploymentGroup Launches next round of 5 in 5 Scholarships
- Wyoming Parks & Recreation Spring/Summer Services now available