My Town: Chase Bank closing a dozen branches | Business
KENT COUNTY, Mich.—Many Chase Bank customers will have to travel farther to attend to their accounts in person.
At least a dozen Chase Bank branches at Meijer stores are closing, after both companies agreed to cut ties. In a response sent to WZZM 13, a spokesperson for Meijer says “circumstances have changed and we mutually agreed to end the relationship.” The decision comes just a couple years after Meijer announced Huntington Bank branches would be opening at some of its stores.
The following Chase Bank branches are expected to close:
- 5121 S. Westnedge Ave., Portage (Closing April 23)
- 3434 Century Center Dr. SW, Grandville (Closing April 9)
- 5500 Clyde Park SW, Wyoming (Closing April 9)
- 0-550 Baldwin Street, Jenison (Closing April 9)
- 2425 Alpine Ave. NW, Walker (Closing April 9)
- 11901 Fulton St., Lowell (Closing April 9)
- 15000 US 31, Grand Haven (Closing April 9)
- 5300 S. Harvey St., Muskegon (Closing April 9)
- 8850 Shaver Road, Portage (Closing April 23)
- 2770 S. State Road, Ionia (Closing April 9)
- 606 S. Greenville West Drive, Greenville (Closing April 9)
A spokesperson from Meijer says the company anticipates to fill the space left behind by Chase Bank with other lease partners shortly.